Transforming lives through well-designed places
We offer national leadership in urban planning and design in the preparation of plans for urbanizing areas, land use and transportation planning, transit-oriented development, and community outreach. Our diverse client list includes cities, public agencies, districts, developers, and property owners.
Bringing the skills of planners, urban designers, architects, and landscape architects together in interdisciplinary teams, we support the ongoing evolution of our urban areas, encouraging appropriate development and redevelopment that is suited to the conditions and character of place. Our work includes large-scale land planning; developing revitalization strategies for large city downtowns to small town districts; transforming underutilized waterfronts; re-imagining corporate and research campuses; and infill strategies for transit-oriented developments.
Our range of planning and urban design services include capacity and feasibility studies, specific and area plans for downtowns, district, neighborhoods, and corridors, as well as transportation plans and project designs for commuter rails, light rail, bus rapid transit, and multi-modal improvements. Our considerable experience in community engagement includes workshop facilitation, community visioning, consensus building, surveys, and associated print and web materials.
Downtown Station Area Specific Plan & EIR / South San Francisco, California
Midway East River / Houston, Texas
- 2nd Street District Master Plan / Austin, Texas
- 65th Street Station Area Study / Sacramento, California
- Alameda Boulevard Streetscape Plan / San Jose, California
- Bandera Road Corridor Plan / San Antonio, Texas
- Bell Boulevard Master Plan / Cedar Park, Texas
- Diridon Station/Arena Area Strategic Development Plan / San Jose, California
- Downtown Station Area Specific Plan & EIR / South San Francisco, California
- Downtown TOD Strategy Plan / San Leandro, California
- Folsom Historic District Streetscape Improvement Plan / Folsom, California
- Lawrence Caltrain Station Area Plan / Sunnyvale, California
- Palo Alto Rail Corridor Urban Design Plan / City of Palo Alto, California
- Texas Capitol Complex Master Plan / Austin, Texas
- Transit Station Area Plan / University of Texas at Dallas
Urban Planning Sector Experts
Operations Director - San Francisco
Daniel R. Kenney
Lisa M. Keith