1 Million SF Data Center Coming to North Texas
RagingWire Data Centers and NTT Communications are building one of the largest data centers in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, the fourth largest market for data center space in the United States.
The two high-tech firms purchased 42 acres near Bush Turnpike in Garland, TX for the construction of the one million-square-foot data center. It’s expected to be approximately the same size as the Facebook campus under construction north of Fort Worth. Page is providing architecture and engineering services for the new facility.
North Texas has 49 data center providers and is expected to grow about 13 percent per year, according to 451 Research, an information technology research company. "We are thrilled to be entering the Dallas data center market, one of the top markets in the United States," RagingWire Chairman and CEO George Macricostas said in a statement.
Construction on the state-of-the-art facility is scheduled to begin immediately.
- Luis Alvarez
- Andrew (Andy) R. Baxter
- Robert E. Burke
- Jen Bussinger
- Brad Cheshire
- Mika England
- Randy R. Gaines
- Bryan A. Haywood
- Peter B. Hoffmann
- Alan Lampert
- John D. Major
- Joseph P. Moore
- Freddy Padilla
- Travis Poole
- George E. Reeves, III
- Diane Rincon
- Paul J. Stopper
- Ricardo A. Trevino
- Winner: Data Center Design Team of the Year
- Creative Thinking in Complex Environments: Conversations in the Garden
- Andy Baxter On Data Center Trends
- Overcoming Mission Critical Construction Challenges
- The Essential Steps for Bringing a Facility Project to Market Quickly
- Design Solutions For Mission Critical Centers
- Washington County Picks Page for 911 Center Design