Mission Accomplished: Operation Backpack
While most parents were busy sending their children off to their first day of school this week, we sent our Pagers off to the 4th Annual Operation Backpack design competition fundraiser. The event, which was hosted by MOI in support of Volunteers of America Chesapeake, was held to collect school supplies and raise funds for underprivileged students in the DC metropolitan area.
The highlight of the evening was the backpack design competition, which is judged by school aged children. Our Mr. Potato Head backpack was a hit with the students, and we came in first place for the second year in a row. The team consisted of Hunter Cotterman, Michelle Ho, Priya Shivalingarajalingam, Tiffany Robinson, Rachel Kresina, Gyselle Cruz, Eleonora Sanchez and Marisa Palmer.
Last year we won by creating a colorful monster backpack. You can view a slideshow of the 2014 event below. See if you can spot our monster!
- Page Creates a Monster (Backpack)!
- Celebrating the Holidays with Community Service
- Rethinking Healthcare Facility Designs
- Tempering the Temporary: Improving thermal comfort and safety in relief shelters
- Porch With A Home - Pro Bono Tiny Sustainable Design
- Diana Su Recognized for Elevating Architecture
- Affordable Housing Developer Unveils New Mixed-Use Plans