AIA Austin Honors Page with Design Awards
Two Page projects, the Texas Facilities Commission (TFC) Master Plan and the Cistern at Buffalo Bayou Park, were both honored with 2017 AIA Austin Design Awards. Both transformative projects, the TFC Master Plan reimagines the Capitol Complex, consolidating State offices around a pedestrian-friendly promenade. Likewise, the Cistern has become a cultural designation in Houston and an important feature of Buffalo Bayou Park.
The 2017 AIA Austin Design Awards jury included Cade Hayes, founding partner of D U S T; David Darling, founding principal of Aidlin Darling Design; Elizabeth Moule, cofounder of the Congress for the New Urbanism (CNU) and founding partner of Moule & Polyzoides, Architects and Urbanists; and Todd Schliemann, design partner in Ennead Architects.
The Design Awards Committee coordinates the annual competition and the celebration to announce the winners. Pager Sergio Botero is part of this committee. This year's celebration took place at the historic Saengerrunde Hall, where attendees enjoyed post-celebration bowling.
- AIA Austin Leadership Collective Celebrates Graduation
- Homeless Housing Project to Open This Fall
- Community First! Village Construction Underway in East Travis County
- Big News for Our Tiny House
- National Recognition for Transformative Design
- Pager Moderates Panel of National Jurors for AIA Austin
- Honored Again at the SARA Awards