AIA Sandcastle Competition 2015
The Gaudiston team, which includes members of Page and Tellepsen, to construct a portion of Casa Milà for the AIA Sandcastle Competition 2015 in Galveston, TX. The contest is a fund-raising event for AIA Houston and ArCH Foundation.
Over 60 teams participated in the competition in hopes of winning the Golden Bucket award. The judges rate the sculptures for originality of concept, artistic execution, technical difficulty, carving technique, and utilization of the site.
Our team chose to recreate a detail of the Casa Milà rooftop, one of the most prominent features of the building. Antoni Gaudí, the Spanish modernist architect designed the Casa Milà, popularly known as La Pedrera. It was built between 1906 and 1912 in Barcelona, and it is now the headquarters of Catalunya-La Pedrera Foundation.
You can view pictures of the construction process of the sandcastle in the above gallery images.
- Kenneth Black
- Jacques Bourgeois
- Eric Ficht
- Dawn House
- Karen Marnach
- Sarah Moore
- Cristina Morales
- Kurt Neubek
- Andy Phan
- Alejandra Santana
- Aristeo Vidal
- Featured on TV: 2016 AIA Houston Sandcastle Design Competition
- Page Honored with Multiple AIA Houston 2016 Design Awards
- Page Principal Receives Presidential Citation from AIA Houston President
- 3/3: Three Page Women on Women in Architecture
- AIA Austin Leadership Collective Celebrates Graduation
- Transforming Healthcare Through Better Built Environments: ACHA Architects
- Congratulations to Our Newest Fellow