Best in Brick: Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth
The Brick in Architecture Awards is one of North America's most prestigious architectural award programs - and a Page project has won Best In Class this year. Since 1989, the Brick Industry Association (BIA) has sponsored this award based on the use of clay brick. This year, Baylor Surgical Hospital at the Baylor Medical Center at Fort Worth is the winner in the Healthcare category and Page is honored to be in such good company.
According to Ray Leonhard, BIA’s president and CEO, “These winners demonstrate the best of brick’s aesthetic flexibility, and as a material made from abundant natural resources, it’s a perfect strategy in sustainable design.” The competition was particularly intense this year with over 100 entries.
The Best In Class winners will be featured in the December 2016 issue of Brick in Architecture, as well as a forthcoming issue of Architect Magazine. Congratulations to the project team, which includes general contractor Hill & Wilkinson!
Click on the above gallery images to see the use of brick in the design of Baylor Surgical Hospital at the Baylor Medical Center at Fort Worth. Additionally, a video of the 2016 BIA Award winners, which features the Page project at 0:43, can be viewed here.
- Aimee Burmaster Hicks
- Will Butler
- Beth Carroll
- Lan Chen
- Mattia J. Flabiano III
- William (Buck) Kinman
- Eric R. Kuehmeier
- Crystal McMahon
- Ricardo Muñoz
- Carlos D. Torralva, Jr.
- Ryan Wells
- Case Study: A Typical Medical / Surgical Patient Room Design Mock-up
- Room Mock-ups & Their Utilization In The Design Process
- Fort Worth Park Place Celebrates New Baylor Surgical Hospital
- Construction Begins on New Medical Center in Austin
- $135M hospital breaks ground in Williamson County
- Page Expands Strategic Consulting Practice Group Capabilities
- Page Project Milestones in 2017