Best in brick: 7 stunning building façades made with brick
The University of Houston Cougar Woods Dining Hall was ranked number two in "Best in Brick" buildings by Building Design + Construction. Read more to see what they have to say about the Cougar Woods brick façade.
Cougar Woods Dining Hall is the newest and only free-standing dining facility on the University of Houston main campus. The 25,000-square-foot building is a hub for the adjacent on-campus student housing and also serves as an entry marker to the central portion of campus from perimeter housing sites and the surrounding neighborhood.
On an undeveloped tract at the edge of the interior campus, the building is located to maximize retention of the existing old growth trees. With seating for 600 people, the building is a focal point for student life with shaded exterior dining adjacent to major pedestrian pathways.
The $6.7M building, which is targeting Silver LEED certification, is an entry marker to the central portion of campus from scattered perimeter housing sites and surrounding neighborhood. Materials of brick, glass and precast shell limestone recall the existing palette of the UH campus.
Click here to see the rest of the "Best in Brick" buildings.
- Raising The Bar: UCCS Village at Alpine Valley
- Dining Facility Gets Gold Star
- ULI Global Excellence Award Finalist: Buffalo Bayou Park
- 2016 Excellence On The Waterfront Award Winner
- Best in Brick: Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth
- User Validation for Award-winning Page Project
- SARA Awards Page Projects - Again