Driving Data Center Design
Page Principal Andy Baxter was one of four international experts tapped by Consulting-Specifying Engineer Magazine to share his thoughts on what is driving data center design today. Andy referenced a specific Page project design for the United Airlines Tier IV data center in his answers about industry trends today.
Some of the thoughts that Andy shared included the importance of considering local factors such as severe weather conditions, secure and energy-efficiency cooling systems and coordinating all systems beyond just structural and MEP.
From an industry perspective, he also mentioned the need to consider specific project requirements in which Page has expertise such as seismic restraint, excess wind loading capabilities, networking systems and/or electromagnetic pulse (EMP) shielding.
Andy shared that because of the high demand for IT infrastructure, the industry is seeing speed to market influence the design approaches used. He had some additional comments on how integrated delivery approaches are used to effectively accomplish faster delivery.
To view the article in full, click here,
- The Essential Steps for Bringing a Facility Project to Market Quickly
- Washington County Picks Page for 911 Center Design
- BD+C Magazine: Data Centers Keep Cool While Staying Hot
- Critical Power: Hospitals and Data Centers
- Cover Story: 'Metro Security' in Security Today
- Designed for Survivability
- Winner: Data Center Design Team of the Year