Groundbreaking for New Hospital
Baylor Scott & White recently celebrated the groundbreaking for one of their Central Texas Health Hub Sites. It will be the first hospital for the city of Pflugerville, one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. An innovative aspect of this new Health Hub will be the integration of a medical clinic within the hospital itself, moving toward a population health model that allows for both outpatient and inpatient visits together in the same setting.
This model of healthcare delivery allows greater coordination among hospital and clinic medical team members where health care providers can work on the same patients in tandem. The hospital and clinic are expected to open in the fall of 2018.
The project stands on a 27-acre development slated for future growth of the Baylor Scott & White Health Hub along with surrounding mixed-used development at State Highway 130 and Pflugerville Parkway in the Falcon Pointe community.
City dignitaries also attended the groundbreaking, which was extensively covered by area news outlets. Baylor Scott & White released a statement explaining, "“We are always looking for opportunities to increase access and provide quality health care to more Texans."
Page is providing architecture, interiors, civil engineering, and structural engineering services on this project. The firm has partnered with Baylor Scott & White on design services for many other projects in the past three decades.
To read media coverage of the event, click on the below links:
- Austin American Statesman, Ground broken for Pflugerville’s first hospital
- CBS-Austin, Pflugerville breaks ground on its first full service hospital
- D Healthcare, Baylor Scott & White Health Breaks Ground on New Texas Medical Center
- Community Impact Newspaper, Baylor Scott & White working with city on Pflugerville’s first hospital
- KXAN News, Groundbreaking underway on Pflugerville’s first hospital
- Patch North Austin, Baylor Scott & White Health Officials Break Ground On New Medical Center
- Time Warner Cable News, Baylor Scott & White Heads to Pflugerville
- Travis Bond
- Lisa Bradley
- Aimee Burmaster Hicks
- Annelie Persson Call
- Beth Carroll
- Brad Cheshire
- Sarah Cumming
- Robert Doane
- Denny Kumm
- Kimberly Schuessler
- Monica O. Serowski
- Carlos Sierra
- Ryan Wells
- Bret Wittman
- Best in Brick: Baylor Surgical Hospital at Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Park Place Celebrates New Baylor Surgical Hospital
- VA Primary Care Facility Achieves LEED Silver Certification
- Serving the Brave: Austin VA Outpatient Clinic
- Groundbreaking for new Southside VA clinic
- Austin VA Clinic: Role in Veterans' Mental Health in Texas
- Largest VA Clinic in the U.S. Opens in Austin