Leading The Way in Enhanced Energy Transfer Applications
Page Senior Project Manager Greg Tinkler is an authority on geothermal design and solutions to complex heat exchange transfer challenges as well as energy modeling. These service capabilities are not yet mainstreamed in standard architectural and engineering designs; Greg explains why they should be:
- Storing/Using/Recycling Heat from the Earth. Geothermal energy is clean, renewable, virtually unlimited in supply and cost-efficient to use.
- Multiple aspects of geothermal design.
- Thermal massing: leverages the absorption, storage and release of energy in materials to heat or cool a designated environment.
- Vertical/horizontal heat exchange: a process that transfers heat from one medium to another which is stored/recycled from season to season.
- Pond/lake heat exchange: water-based loop exchange systems that use available water resources to improve energy efficiency of installed heating and cooling systems.
- Grouting: the use of thermally conductive material to improve the performance of ground source loop installations.
- Accurate energy modeling. Models should come within 10% of actual consumption, allowing owners / operators to budget accurately. Greg’s calculation of calibrated models regularly less than 10% and often within 5% by month. Page uses TRACE, E-quest and IES-VE type modeling programs.
When explaining his profession in layman terms, Greg says, ““Rather than constructing a building inside a cave, I bring the cave to the building.” The cave is a metaphor for a geothermal system with sufficient massing to maintain a constant temperature year-round. Greg’s ability to design these systems improves energy efficiency and reduces emissions and operating expenses.
- Page Engineer Recognized as a "Legend in Energy"
- Page Expands Engineering Service With Geothermal Capabilities
- Pagers Prove They CAN Make A Difference
- Breaking Ground on a Ground-up Medical School
- Real Estate Journal: FIRMSPACE Plants Co-working Flag in Denver
- Using Design As An Educational Tool: Waller Creek
- Unique Montessori Campus Recognized with National Design Award