Page Principal Recognized at AIA 2015 Emerging Professionals
Congratulations to Page Principal Talmadge Smith, AIA, LEED AP, for being recognized at the American Institute of Architects (AIA) 2015 Annual Emerging Professionals Exhibition. The exhibition promotes the work of rising architects and designers, and Talmadge’s incorporation of the landscape surrounding the GSA Office Building project is a great representation of the progressive work that can be found on display in the exhibit.
The GSA Office Building – Southwest Region is an 80,000-square-foot, two-story building encircling a central courtyard in Albuquerque, New Mexico. It contains strategic design elements, emphasizing the city’s natural landscape and protecting it from the region’s severe climate. The double-height glazing combined with the alluring floating wood slats above the courtyard are a few examples of the building’s dual energy efficiency and captivating-looking features.
Talmadge has over 12 years of experience in a wide scope of projects including educational, healthcare, multifamily residential, research and corporate office buildings. The exhibition can be viewed at AIA national’s headquarters in Washington, DC beginning with the annual AIA Grassroots Leadership and Legislative Conference on March 4-6.
- 3/3: Andy Baxter on Sustainable Strategies for Data Centers
- Media Coverage: Lakeway Regional Medical Center Dual Achievements in Sustainability
- Lakeway Regional Medical Center Celebrates Dual Achievements in Sustainability
- Setting new standards in embassy design
- US Department of State Announces Dedication of Helsinki Embassy Campus Renovation
- OBO Announces LEED Platinum Certification for Major Renovation in Finland
- American 'Innovation Center' A Model For Green Technology And Diplomacy