Pierce-redux: The Pierce Elevated could be bigger and better than the elevated park in Manhattan
The Houston Chronicle is furthering the dialogue about what to do with the potentially to-be-defunct Pierce Elevated freeway through downtown Houston. Their op-ed piece supports the concept of Pierce Skypark, a proposal to convert the unused freeway into a green space for urban hikers, bikers and other recreational activities. Pierce Skypark could potentially link with Buffalo Bayou Park and provide an incentive to site adjacent restaurants, stores and residences in close proximity.
To read the Houston Chronicle's comparison of the Pierce Skypark proposal with other successful urban projects such as the High Line in New York and the Promenade in Paris, click here.
- The Next Big Idea: Pierce Skypark
- Imagine, indeed!
- Celebrating The Newest Houston Methodist Hospital In The Woodlands
- Additional Services: Seen from Both Sides of the Table
- Run From The Water: AIA Storm Surge & Flooding Symposium
- The Role of Architecture in Protecting Cities From Flooding
- Overview: Buffalo Bayou Park Updates