Plan for OSU-Cascades Heads to City of Bend for Review
The Long Range Development Plan for Oregon State University-Cascades is making its way through the public and city review process. The Page team presented the project to community groups last week and the project will go to the City of Bend for review in the coming weeks. With resilience as a key driver, the Long Range Development Plan (LRDP) for Oregon State University - Cascades guides future growth of Central Oregon’s first four-year university. Located in Bend, the vision for the campus focuses on integrating it into the local community.
The 128-acre campus is sited on a former pumice mine and landfill in need of extensive environmental remediation and site engineering to allow for development. Respecting the dramatic site conditions and rehabilitating the high-desert ecosystem led to a carefully crafted plan that is uniquely of its place.
The focus on resiliency and sustainability is manifested in the design with infrastructure for renewable energy generation, water management and waste sorting integrated into the campus experience, which is designed to achieve triple net zero water, energy and waste goals as the institution grows.
The Bulletin, a Central Oregon publication, detailed the project in its local and state section. Click here for the full article.
Page is providing master planning services. Page partnered with SERA Architects to collaborate on the campus design, SERA is also providing strategic sustainability consulting services. The project team includes MEP engineering consultant PAE; integrated water strategies by Biohabitats; landscape architecture by Walker Macy; structural engineering consultant ABHT; civil engineering consultant DOWL; and accessibility compliance by Karen Braitmayer.
- The Fifth Step in Creating a Net Zero Building: Putting It All Together
- The Fourth Step in Creating a Net Zero Building: Evaluating Energy Measures
- The Third Step in Creating a Net Zero Building: Identifying & Evaluating Energy Saving Strategies
- The Second Step in Creating a Net Zero Building: Creating the Energy Team
- The First Step in Creating a Net Zero Building: Establishing An Energy Goal
- Learning By Design: Planning For A New Campus
- SCUP Honors OSU-Cascades Plan