Vientiane Embassy Wins Global Best Project Award
The U.S. Embassy Compound in Vientiane, Laos has received a Global Best Project award for government buildings from Engineering News-Record (ENR). Page is very proud to be part of the design-build project team with B.L. Harbert International, LLC.
This is the fourth U. S. diplomatic compound designed and constructed by this team which has been recognized with a Global Best Project award. The previous winners are compounds located in Monrovia, Liberia; Helsinki, Finland; and Dakar, Senegal.
The 3rd annual Global Best Projects competition recognizes exceptional construction projects worldwide and the companies which designed and built them. The judges evaluated each entry based on a number of criteria, such as overcoming global challenges, international teamwork, safety, innovation, contribution to the industry and/or community, design and construction quality. One project was selected as “best” in each category.
The new embassy compound in Vientiane features an 8,200-square-meter chancery office building, a two-story parking structure, a utility services building, three compound access control facilities, physical and technical perimeter security, and landscaping. The project is targeting LEED Silver certification. Sustainable design strategies include using materials and technologies that comply with the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations (OBO) design excellence standards.
The project winners will be honored at the ENR Global Construction Summit on September 10, 2015 in New York City.
- Anthony Alafriz
- Hunter K.K. Cotterman
- Thomas McCarthy
- Priyadharsini (Priya) Shivalingarajalingam
- Russell Stacy
- Jameson Terry
- James M. Wright
- Embassy Project Team Wins AGC of America Award
- First-Ever Honorary FAIA From AIA International Region
- US Embassies Take the LEED
- Page to Design Naval Facilities Housing in Djibouti
- Design-Build Team Named for Renovation of U.S. Embassy in Amman, Jordan
- Setting new standards in embassy design
- US Department of State Announces Dedication of Helsinki Embassy Campus Renovation