In keeping with the spirit of Montessori education, the Magnolia Montessori For All campus is comprised of a village of fifteen residential-scaled buildings situated around landscaped courtyards and immersed in nature.
Each age group has their own cluster of houses within the Village and each cluster is arranged around a dedicated outdoor space. As the children get older their dedicated courtyard spaces become more open and allow a greater degree of flexibility, freedom, and independence.
The youngest children on campus, the Infants and Toddlers, have their own specialized learning environments designed specifically to their unique scale and developmental needs. Their back porches open up to a generous tree-filled play area.
The Children’s House courtyard is designed for gross motor activity within a protective, enclosed space. A zen maze and life-sized checkerboard are nestled within the Lower Elementary courtyard space and a community garden with rainwater collection is the main focus of the Upper Elementary courtyard.
Two activity-filled play areas are tucked within the classroom clusters and take advantage of the natural character and slope of the site.
- 40,000 SF
- Architecture, Engineering, Interior Design, Programming, Master Planning
- 2019 AIA National Design Award of Excellence
- 2019 Texas Society of Architects Design Award
- 2019 AIA Austin Design Award
- 2019 Austin Business Journal Community Impact Award
- 2018 Society of American Registered Architects (SARA) Design Award of Excellence