An overview of our ongoing commitments, updates to our strategy and a record that tracks our progress
The past years have been unprecedented, bringing uncertainty, loss and disruption at a global scale not seen in our lifetimes. They have also shown us the power of collective action around a common cause and the importance of caring for the vulnerable among us, reminding us all what matters most. As society evolves to a new normal, we at Page are amplifying our commitment to design higher performing, healthier and more resilient communities that make lives better for all.
This is not only a best business practice but also part of our responsibility as we create places and spaces for this generation and the ones to come. This vision requires strategy, and our intentions require rigor. We aim to continually advance how we measure what matters: reducing our environmental impact, improving our communities and leading with integrated design. This report is an overview of our ongoing commitments, updates to our strategy and a record that tracks our progress.
We share it to celebrate the work we have achieved, challenge ourselves to continue to reach forward in these goals, and invite our partners to join us in the pursuit of design that makes lives better.
To view our full 2022 Design for Impact corporate social responsibility report, click here.
Section 1: Reducing our Environmental Impact
- Operational Energy: In 2009, we signed the AIA 2030 Commitment to pursue carbon neutrality in our work by 2030.
We have established leadership in sustainability, actively improved our operations and reported our annual progress. In this section, we share metrics showing our progress and elaborate on our methods to improve our performance.
- Embodied Carbon: Measuring carbon emissions associated with our material selection is critical to reducing our environmental impact. The report details our tactics to advance our efforts and shows how a recent, high-profile project performs against a carbon emissions analysis.
- Waste and Wastewater Reduction: We aim to reduce water use by a minimum of 20 percent beyond standard practices on every project. We share how a design firm can make a difference in conserving this resource.
- Green Building Certification: Transparency is essential so the industry can see how all members are performing toward our collective goal of meeting the AIA 2030 Challenge. Here, Page shares its statistics for all to see.
Section 2: Improve Our Communities
- Design for Wellbeing: As signatories of the AIA Materials Pledge, we are redoubling our commitment to design for wellbeing by advocating for human health, regenerative environments, comfort and social equity. The report explains how materials can affect these elements and how we ensure our selection and tracking processes continue to advance our goals.
- Community Impact: We are signatories of the 1+ Program and donate 1 percent of our working hours to pro-bono services. This serves non-profit clients, academic and community organizations where we live, work and play. We share our plan to maintain and improve our commitment.
- Expanding Diversity: We are committed to expanding our industry’s pipeline to create a more diverse workforce that brings creative ideas, perspectives and processes improving design solutions. We are also committed to engaging, empowering and helping everyone reach their full potential to effect positive business outcomes.
Section 3: Lead with Integrated Design
- Pursuing Exceptional: The report shares what we do, why we do it and how. We work together as a single firm in a shared pursuit of excellence, investing in our employees and recruiting top caliber talent to grow our teams. Learn more about our approach on pages 42-43 of the report.
- Designing for Impact: We do this by creating high performing, healthy and resilient projects. Our process is outlined for clients, partners and community stakeholders alike. Examples of projects that make positive impacts are given.
Design for Impact
Our 2022 Corporate Social Responsibility Report can be viewed here. We hope you find it useful and inspirational.